- I am Miu Mau also known as Yana Frank, I was born 02.04.1972 in Dushanbe, Central Asia, former USSR.
- 1986-1990 studying at the Art-College in Dushanbe, Graphic design.
- at the same time - working as illustrator for a children's magazine and as a layouter for a newspaper.
- 1990 - I moved to Berlin, Germany.
- 1991 - My son David was born.
- 1991-1995 - studying advertising design at the Art Academy in Zuerich, Switzerland.
- 1995-1996 - studying computer graphics at the computer college CIM Data in Berlin.
- 1992-1996 - drawing comics, working as a freelance designer.
- 1996-1997 - print-designer at Kulturfabrik, Berlin.
- 1997-1998 - teaching Photoshop and web-graphics at the Internet Academy, Berlin.
- 1998-1999 - art-director at Tagesspiegel-Online, Berlin.
- 1999-2001 - creative-director at I-D Media, Berlin.
- 2001-2002 - creative-director at Art. Lebedev Studio, Berlin.
- 8 newspaper layouts, 12 CD and book-covers, 38 catalogues and booklets,
- Designs for 254 flyers and countless invitations and advertisements,
- 17 package designs, 98 posters, about 10 000 drawings, including comics, approximately 500 illustrations,
- estimated 300 website-designs and design-relaunches
...for clients like Swatch, Wallpaper, Swarovski, Activest, Agfa, Deutsche Telekom, T-Online Deutschland, T-Mobile Deutschland, T-Com Deutschland, Alcatel, Aeropa, Avanturo, Bee Dees, Camel, E-ON, Living Screen, Lee Jeans, Hamilton Watch, Red Zac, Wella, Winkreative, Yello Strom, Cynigma, E-Cyas, Sony-Europe, Loewe, Europcar, Anatoliy Olshanskiy and GRAN Guitar, and many others.
- 2002 - end of art-director and designer career. I achieved everything I wanted in these positions and decided to paint and work as an illustrator.
- November 15, 2003 - collapse, surgery because of cancer.
- November 25, 2003 - visit to the other side.
- August 20, 2004 - after 3 surgeries and 8 months of chemotherapy - second visit to the other side.
- Since then I had 12 operations and spent 1/4 of my time in hospital. I wrote and published 5 books and produced dozens of things covered with my illustrations, made over 1000 illustrations, painted about 100 paintings, trying to travel all the time. Oficially among "doomed men", I'm drawing for Art. Lebedev Studio, living in Berlin, fighting for life and winning every day!
My dream is to stay here some more years, to travel more and even more, and make my living only through making art (I'm almost there).
So if you want to sponsor one of my joiurneys, offer me a nice job or support one of my projects - feel free to write me!
By the way:
All of my projects and journeys (and almost all my life) are monitored in my blog miumau.livejournal.com, which has over 24 000 subscribers and is visited by about 100 000 readers every day. Some statistics of the blog:
- In 2011 I published there over 1000 posts.
- The blog was visited by over 36 000 000 readers.
- They wrote me 63 986 comments (and i read all of them!). :-)
- I received 1019 very personal mails from my readers, some of them asked for a public discussion, I published their story in my blog and they received help from all of my readers.
- My blog is among top 30 in the rating of all russian blogs, which is listing about 80 000 000 blogs.
- Every travel or project sponsor is mentioned in this blog and loved by all the redaers for making one more dream go true. :-)
Full client list, design:
Activest, Activ Consult, AGFA, Alcatel, Anatoliy Olshanskiy, Areopa, Artmust, Avanturo, Akademie.de, Bee Dees, Big Brother, Boulevard Online, Burda, Cabinet, Camel, Daimler Chrysler, Davidoff, D-Immo, E.ON, ERGO, Hamilton Watch, Hewlett Packard, Intel, Lastminute.com, Lee Jeans, Loewe, Maisel, Mediavivison, Meinberlin.de, Metronet, MOMA, Mustang, Objektform, Otto, Peter Stuywesant Travel, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Primus Online, R1, Red Zac, Reemtsma, Renault, Robinson Club, SAP, Sony Europe, Sports.com, Swarovski, Swatch, T-D1, Tagesspiegel Online, Telekom, T-Info, T-Mobile, T-Systems, TSM Berlin, TUI, Trimondo, Urban Media, Viag Intercom, Volkswagen, Wallpaper*, Warner Brothers, Wella, West, Winkmedia, Wolff und Lehmann, Yello Strom, Zitty Online, 1860 Muenchen, 20-th Century Fox.
Full client list, illustration:
Afisha Magazine, Art. Lebedev Studio, Bolshoy Gorod magazine, Burda magazine, Cosmopolitan magazine, ELLE magazine, Forbes magazine, GEO Focus magazine, IKEA, Marie Claire magazine, Men's Health magazine, Men's Fitness magazine, Oooops! magazine, Playboy Magazine, Red Zac, Rolling Stone magazine, Seventeen magazine, Sony, Telekom Germany, Vogue magazine, Wallpaper*.