- I am Yana Frank also known as Miu Mau, born 1972 in Dushanbe, Central Asia, former USSR.
- 1986-1990 studying at the Art-College in Dushanbe, Graphic design.
- At the same time – working as illustrator for magazines and as a layouter for a newspaper.
- 1990 – I moved to Berlin, Germany.
- 1991 – My son David was born.
- 1991-1995 – studying advertising design at the Art Academy in Zuerich, Switzerland.
- 1995-1996 – studying computer graphics at the computer college CIM Data in Berlin.
- 1992-1996 – drawing comics, working as a freelance designer.
- 1996-1997 – print-designer at Kulturfabrik, Berlin.
- 1997-1998 – teaching Photoshop and web-graphics at the Internet Academy, Berlin.
- 1998-1999 – art-director at Tagesspiegel-Online, Berlin.
- 1999-2001 – creative-director at I-D Media, Berlin.
In this time i made lots of newspaper layouts, CD and book-covers, catalogues, booklets,
– Designs for 254 flyers and countless invitations and advertisements,
– 17 package designs, 98 posters, about 10 000 drawings, including comics, approximately 500 illustrations,
– Estimated 300 website-designs and design-relaunches
…for clients like Swatch, Wallpaper, Swarovski, Activest, Agfa, Deutsche Telekom, T-Online Deutschland, T-Mobile Deutschland, T-Com Deutschland, Alcatel, Aeropa, Avanturo, Bee Dees, Camel, E-ON, Living Screen, Lee Jeans, Hamilton Watch, Red Zac, Wella, Winkreative, Yello Strom, Cynigma, E-Cyas, Sony-Europe, Loewe, Europcar, Anatoliy Olshanskiy and GRAN Guitar, and many others.
- 2002 – end of art-director and designer career. I achieved everything I wanted in these positions and decided to paint and work as an illustrator again.
- November 15, 2003 – collapse, surgery because of cancer.
- November 25, 2003 – visit to the other side.
- August 20, 2004 – after 3 surgeries and 8 months of chemotherapy – second visit to the other side.
- Since then I had 12 operations and spent 1/4 of my time in hospital. I wrote and published some books and produced dozens of gifts covered with my illustrations, made over 1000 illustrations, painted about 100 paintings, trying to travel all the time. I’m living in Berlin, fighting for a longer life and winning every day!
- My dream is to stay here some more years, to travel more and even more, and make my living only through making art (I’m almost there).
Full client list
Activest, Activ Consult, AGFA, Alcatel, Anatoliy Olshanskiy, Areopa, Artmust, Avanturo, Akademie.de, Bee Dees, Big Brother, Boulevard Online, Burda, Cabinet, Camel, Daimler Chrysler, Davidoff, D-Immo, E.ON, ERGO, Hamilton Watch, Hewlett Packard, Intel, Lastminute.com, Lee Jeans, Loewe, Maisel, Mediavivison, Meinberlin.de, Metronet, MOMA, Mustang, Objektform, Otto, Peter Stuywesant Travel, Price Waterhouse Coopers, Primus Online, R1, Red Zac, Reemtsma, Renault, Robinson Club, SAP, Sony Europe, Sports.com, Swarovski, Swatch, T-D1, Tagesspiegel Online, Telekom, T-Info, T-Mobile, T-Systems, TSM Berlin, TUI, Trimondo, Urban Media, Viag Intercom, Volkswagen, Wallpaper*, Warner Brothers, Wella, West, Winkmedia, Wolff und Lehmann, Yello Strom, Zitty Online, 1860 Muenchen, 20-th Century Fox.
Afisha Magazine, Art. Lebedev Studio, Bolshoy Gorod magazine, Burda magazine, Cosmopolitan magazine, ELLE magazine, Forbes magazine, GEO Focus magazine, IKEA, Marie Claire magazine, Men’s Health magazine, Men’s Fitness magazine, Oooops! magazine, Playboy Magazine, Red Zac, Rolling Stone magazine, Seventeen magazine, Sony, Telekom Germany, Vogue magazine, Wallpaper*.
By the way:
- All of my projects and journeys (and almost all of my life) are monitored in my blog miumau.livejournal.com
- The blog has over 33 000 subscribers and is visited by about 100 000 readers every day.
- It has place 6 in the rating of all Russian blogs (listing abt 10 million blogs): LiveJournal Top
- It has over 5000 posts (in the last years – over 1000 posts a year).
- It is visited by over 2 500 000 readers in a month.
- They write me over 100 000 comments in a year, and I read them all!
So if you want to sponsor one of my joiurneys, offer me a nice job or support one of my projects – feel free to write me!
You also can order an own advertising post in my blog (in Russian).
P.S. : The cat story
Why so many white cats in my art? Read it.